Wow, haven't posted in ages. Life has been so busy! I'm now 12.5 weeks and the news has been out for awhile. Our parents were all very excited and we've had awesome support from everyone we've told. One of my favorite "telling" stories was when we told Jeff & Lindsay. I took Kara in the other room and played with her for awhile and tried to teach her to say, "I'm going to have a cousin." Then we went in the other room and she whispered it so quietly, but she still did a stellar job. It was pretty adorable.
My gr. 7's are also very excited and ask me about the baby often, as do the youth group. It's neat to have so many interested people.
We had our first mid-wife appt. this week and it went really well. Our mid-wife was awesome and we're really happy with deciding to go this route. The highlight was hearing the baby's heartbeat! Our mid-wife first prepped us for if we couldn't hear it, saying it wouldn't necessarily mean something bad, etc. Then she explained that she may not be able to find it right away and that we shouldn't panic. Then she put the thing on my stomach and we heard it loud and clear right away! It was incredible! It's beating at about 160 bpm right now. It was just an amazing thing to hear and really made this baby real to me. So exciting!
I've been feeling much better and haven't had nearly as much nausea over the last two weeks, so I think I'm on the upswing. *Fingers crossed*
I know I need to keep this up to date more, not just for people who will be reading it, but for my own memories of this time in our lives.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY LAURA!!!! So excited. Thanks for the invite to read this. The bun in the oven story is hilarious and an awesomely fun way to tell :)
Glad you're feeling better and I look forward to more chats and reads about your exciting time!
- Michelle
The heartbeat was definetly the most amazing thing I have ever heard ...
Post a Comment