Thursday, February 5, 2009

Can we keep a secret?

So, we found out we were pregnant at only 2 weeks!! Which makes us a few weeks earlier than we had originally been told. I'm now just over 8 weeks along, so my due date is approx. September 15. It's starting to kill Andrew not being able to tell people and we're really struggling with when the right time is. I want to share the news so badly, yet I know that it would be extremely difficult if something were to happen to the baby and we had to face everyone knowing. I was searching online looking for "the answer" and realizing that it's really just what is right for us.

We're heading to Simcoe this weekend for Andrew's great-grandma's birthday party, so we're trying to decide whether we should tell this weekend. No decisions made yet.


I was out with my Redeemer girls last night and the subject of babies ALWAYS comes up when we're out, so that was tough. Andrew told me he half expected me to come home and tell him that I'd caved and told them...but I didn't!


We were up late last night talking about names...so many to choose from! It's fun and exciting though...and definately not something we're stressed about. There are just so many things to think about and learn and look forward to.


We went to a midwifery information session last week in Guelph and were really impressed, so we've decided to take that route. They offer a lot of choice and work a lot out of relationship, which I think will be a really good experience. They are so open to questions and are all about educating the parents and giving them the choice. My first appt. is at the beginning of March and we're really excited about it.


I think that's about all that's new for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe you are only 8 1/2 weeks ... I dont know how much longer I can hold my tongue!!!