Monday, February 14, 2011

What do I love?

"I love that show..."
"I love Smarties..."
"I love Brad Pitt..." (I know, I totally just aged myself)

We use the word "love" SO loosely in our society. At youth group, I'm always hearing a girl talk about how much they love a movie, a pair of pants, or Justin Bieber.


Thinking about that today, I've been thinking about what I really love.

♥ quality time with my hubby

♥ waking up and reading books with Ethan before I get out of bed

♥ watching our parents be grandparents

♥ the blessing of a church family

♥ my relationship with my mom

♥ friendships that can pick up where they left off, despite time and distance

♥ how God reveals Himself through His creation

♥ open-mouthed, slobbery kisses from my sweet boy

♥ sharing in youth ministry with my husband

♥ my bond I share with my sister

♥ watching Ethan learn

♥ good talks with close friends

♥ Andrew's borderline obsession with making me smile

♥ the way that God provides

♥ dance parties in the kitchen with my little man

♥ enjoying a quiet cup of coffee before the rest of the house wakes up

♥ the awesome example that my parents' marriage is to us

♥ Ethan putting his hands out to hold ours and saying "pay, pay" (pray) before we eat


There's much more, but I have a sweet little boy who just woke up and needs some lovin.

What do YOU love?


1 comment:

Mrs.G said...

I definitely LOVE that you are blogging again:)