We have had a wonderful, but extremely busy summer. We helped out with VBS, spent a week in Halifax with 12 youth on a missions trip, and finally had a week of holidays a couple of weeks ago. We went up to a cottage on an island on Woods Bay and had an incredible week. Since we've been back we've been busy trying to finish up doing stuff around the house so we're ready for the baby. However, I'm realizing that I probably won't ever feel 100% ready. I had this list of stuff I wanted to get done around the house before the wee one makes it's arrival, but of course the list is never-ending...part of living in a house and not a part of being ready for baby I"m realizing. We got our basement done after having it flood in the winter, so that's a huge load off. The baby's room is just about finished...we're just waiting for our crib to come in the mail and I still have to buy a curtain rod and some knobs for the dresser. Other than that, I'm doing things as I can (and as the nesting urge promts), but trying not to stress about it .
Andrew is busy with work trying to be all ready for youth and small groups kick off in September so that when baby does come he can take a week off. Because they've changed my due date a couple of times we're thinking that we could have our little arrival any time in the next 2 weeks to a month. I'm pushing for 2 weeks, but trying to be realistic too.
I'm getting so excited to meet this little one!! Jeff & Linds have been nice enough to lend us the basinnette that Lindsay's uncle made for them and Jeff dropped it off for us yesterday. It's set up in our room and making me even more excited. Last night I had a dream that I had the baby..it seems everytime I wake up every night (and that's fairly often), all I can think about is when am I going to go into labor. It feels a bit like life is just on hold, waiting for when this baby decides to make his or her appearance. It's both exciting and overwhelming.
Not sure if I'll get another post in before baby comes...wouldn't necessarily count on it, but who knows. Below are some pictures of what we've been up to this summer....



No comments:
Post a Comment